|Preceeded By...||Dreams & Imaginations|
Legend is the eighth industry album released by Two Steps From Hell and the eighth album overall. Launched in 2008, it features songs of the epic genre and, notably, is the first album in which another composer is cited as having provided some compositions, specifically Troels Folmann. As of the release of Classics Volume Two, 18 songs have been re-released to the public on albums Invincible, Demon's Dance, Halloween, SkyWorld, Classics Volume One, Legacy, Classics Volume Two and Two Steps From Hell: Ringtones. A remixed version of "Freedom Fighters" was scheduled for release on SkyWorld, but ultimately dropped.
Official Website Description: Edit
Two Steps From Hell Legend, released in 2008. Nero is a mostly grand and epic. The title track "Freedom Fighters" and "Down With The Enterprise" became the basis of the Star Trek campaign. Much of Legend ended up on the top selling public album "Invincible". Recorded by Capellen orchestra in Czech and Los Angeles.
YouTube Channel Description: Edit
Two Steps From Hell music has recently found its way into the ad campaigns of many of the top films coming out of Hollywood. Films like Indiana Jones, Mummy 3, No Country For Old Men, WALL-E, Horton Hears A Who, Chronicles of Narnia 2, The Happening, Hellboy 2, The Hulk, Speed Racer, Jumper, and Valkyrie. Now, Two Steps From Hell proudly introduces "LEGEND". LEGEND is an epic drama cd, and is quintessential trailer music, but manages to bring magic and artistry to the genre. LEGEND is a state of the art production mixed at Two Steps newly built mastering studio. It has highly memorable and powerful themes recorded live at Capitol Studios with some of LA's finest musicians. Tracks were also recorded in Prague with the Capellen Orchestra. The music on "LEGEND" is perfect for productions that need music that grows gradually in intensity, and is particularly well-suited for visuals of a progressive character. If you need memorable music that totally immerses and captivates the audience, look no further than LEGEND! All music written by Thomas Bergersen & Nick Phoenix, with additional tracks by Troels Folmann.
Track List Edit
NOTE: Alternate versions of each track are not represented.
Vol. 1 Epic Drama Edit
- Freedom Fighters by Thomas Bergersen (Altered version later released on Invincible and remix originally intended for release on SkyWorld)
- Asimov by Nick Phoenix (Later released on Classics Volume One)
- Hypnotica by Thomas Bergersen (Later released on Invincible)
- Destiny of Mankind by Troels Folmann
- Call to Arms by Thomas Bergersen
- Goddysey by Nick Phoenix
- Protectors of the Earth by Thomas Bergersen (Later released on Invincible and Legacy)
- ASAP by Nick Phoenix (Later released on Demon's Dance)
- Down With the Enterprise by Nick Phoenix
- Smell of Victory by Thomas Bergersen
- Never Forget by Troels Folmann (Later released on Demon's Dance)
- Forces of Destiny by Troels Folmann (Later released on Demon's Dance)
- Rising Force by Nick Phoenix
- Divine Intervention by Thomas Bergersen
- Crusaders by Thomas Bergersen
- Infinite Legends by Nick Phoenix (Later released on Invincible)
- Fields of Blood by Thomas Bergersen (Later released on Demon's Dance)
- White Witch by Nick Phoenix (Altered version later released on Classics Volume One)
- Fateful Night by Thomas Bergersen; feat. Francesca Genco and Thomas Bergersen (possibly) (Later released on Classics Volume Two)
- Dreams of the Dead by Nick Phoenix (Later released on Demon's Dance)
Vol. 2 Trailer Toolbox Edit
See Trailer Toolkits for more information.
Vol. 3 Drama Edit
- Fill My Heart by Nick Phoenix; feat. Aya Peard (Later released on Invincible and Legacy)
- Undying Love by Thomas Bergersen (Altered version later released on Invincible)
- Moonlight Armies by Troels Folmann (Later released on Demon's Dance)
- Heart of Courage by Thomas Bergersen (Later released on Invincible and Legacy)
- Calamity by Thomas Bergersen (Later released on Halloween)
- Day Becomes Night by Nick Phoenix
- Perchance to Dream by Thomas Bergersen
- Equus by Troels Folmann; feat. Aya Peard
- The Crossing by Troels Folmann
- Adventure of a Lifetime by Thomas Bergersen (Later released on Classics Volume Two)
- Fallout by Thomas Bergersen
- Red Carpets by Thomas Bergersen
- Perilous Journey by Thomas Bergersen
- Voyager by Thomas Bergersen
- Shadows of Beauty by Nick Phoenix
- Legions of Faith by Nick Phoenix
Media Usage: Edit
• "Freedom Fighters" was used in the trailer for the 2009 Star Trek movie.
• "Heart of Courage" was used in the trailer for The Chronicles of Narnia: The Voyage of the Dawn Treader as well as in TV spots for the DVD of Avatar, the trailer for Once Upon a Time in Wonderland, the TV shows World War II in HD: The Air War, Camelot, Frozen Planet, The Pacific, and Revolution, and the official launch trailer of the video game Mass Effect 2. It was used as Mascarita Sagrada's entrance music in Season 1 of Lucha Underground. It was used in the History Channel Documentary, The Universe Season 6, in episode "Crash Landing on Mars". It is used in the fourth episode of series 17, 18, and 22 of the television show Top Gear. It is also the intro theme for all games of UEFA Euro 2012. It was used in TV commercial for Tod's. It was also used in the release trailer of Nehrim: At Fate's Edge, a total conversion mod for The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion. It was also used by gymnast Alicia Sacramone as her floor music along with Jorge Quintero's "300 Violin Orchestra" in 2011 and a promotional video of the Ferrari FF. It serves as the main title theme of the Comedy Central show Nathan For You. This song was also used in an episode of The Innovators: The Men Who Built America and recently for a Discovery Channel advertisement. It has also been used in Titanic at 100: Mystery Solved. This song was also used in the History Channel documentary, History of the World in Two Hours. In 2014, it was featured in the ending credits of America's Got Talent (season 9) Episode Boot Camp. In 2015, it was used in a commercial for the mobile strategy game Game of War: Fire Age.
• "Fill My Heart" was used in the international trailer for The Young Victoria, a commercial for The Help, and a TV spot for the 3D re-release of Beauty and the Beast.
• "Protectors of the Earth" was used in the trailer for Inkheart and a featurette titled "Gringott's and Goblins" for Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2, as well as an ad for the second half of the 6th series of Doctor Who and ads for Thundercats. It was also used in the 6th episode of the third season of Blue Mountain State and is the title music for Vietnam in HD. Additionally, it is also used in the official launch trailer of Mass Effect 3. This song and "Rise of the Abyss" from the Solaris album were used in a commercial for MasterChef Asia.
• "Infinite Legends" was used in the theatrical trailer for Breaking Dawn: Part 1 and for a trailer for the Merlin TV series.
• "Undying Love" was used in a promotional trailer for Halo Fest. It was used in the History Channel Documentary, The Universe Season 6, in episode "Crash Landing on Mars".
- The version available on Extreme Music does not encompass all of the tracks.
- Heart of Courage and Protectors of the Earth were two of the songs selected to be cut up and used in the public toolkit Two Steps From Hell: Ringtones.
|Two Steps From Hell Discography|
Volume One • Shadows and Nightmares • Dynasty • All Drums Go To Hell • Pathogen • Nemesis • Dreams & Imaginations • Legend • Ashes • The Devil Wears Nada • Power of Darkness • All Drones Go to Hell • Illumina • Balls to the Wall • Nero • Two Steps From Heaven • Burn • Cyanide • Crime Lab • Open Conspiracy • Amaria • Empire • Stronger Faster Braver • Hammerfist • Trapstar